Big Sky Country is known for fresh air, wide open spaces, and views that dreams are made of but what may surprise some is that Montana is also 2nd in craft breweries per capita in the country. With over 40 breweries in the state of Montana, it is no wonder that several have settled into the Missoula area and that Missoulians are welcoming new breweries every year. Montanan’s take our craft beer seriously.
1. Over half the malted grain used for brewing in Montana, is actually grown in Montana.
2. Beer brewed in Montana is sold in 24 states around the country, in 5,000 retail locations.
5. Montana Was Named the Best State for Beer Lovers
6.Montana’s have been brewing beer since before Montana was a state
7. Largest brewery in the state is Big Sky Brewing Co., they are the makers of Moose Drool
9. Missoula alone has over 6 Annual Brewfests each year
10. Missoula’s newest brewery is Great Burn Brewing opened it’s doors this year as Missoula’s 8th brewery, and Montana’s 47th brewery
11. Bayern Brewing is the oldest brewery still in operation in the state of Montana
12. KettleHouse Brewing Company has two locations in Missoula and is looking to expand to keep up with demand of their signature beers
14. Tamarack Brewing “Yard Sale” Amber won best Amber Beer in this years Montana Brewers Fall Festival
“You don’t have to move to Montana if you love beer, but it might be worth your while to make a pilgrimage there sometime soon.” ~ Best US States for Beer Lovers
Visit the Breweries Page for a list of all the breweries in Missoula, and some of their signature brews.