We couldn’t be more excited for the return of the University of Montana’s beloved Homecoming Week events! After a two-year hiatus, the 2022 festivities kick off this week and run from Sept. 21-24th. One of the most highly anticipated parts of the week is the Homecoming Parade—and this year’s should be packed with Griz spirit and cheerful faces. Because of the construction on Beartracks Bridge (Higgins Avenue), the parade route has been modified this year. Find the new location details below, along with a full list of this year’s homecoming events. Go Griz!
- Sept. 21 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - The Hello Walk @ on-campus in front of Turner Hall
- Sept. 22 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Griz on Tap @ Cranky Sam Public House at 233 W. Main St.
- Sept. 23 at 5:30 p.m. - Distinguished Alumni Award Ceremony and panel discussion @ University Center Ballroom
- Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. - The Yell Night Pep Rally - featuring the UM Marching Band, Grizzly Football team with Coach Bobby Hauck, Singing on the Steps and lighting of the M. @ UM Oval
- Sept. 24 at 10 a.m. - Homecoming Parade - Staging will be at the Missoula County Fairgrounds, and the parade will move east from Sentinel High School, along South Avenue, to South Campus and Dornblaser Field
- Sept. 24 at 2 p.m. - UM’s annual Homecoming Griz football game vs. Portland State @ Washington-Grizzly Stadium
Homecoming Parade Route
Due to construction on the Beartracks Bridge (Higgins Ave), the parade will take an alternative route. The parade will move east from Sentinel High School, along South Ave to south campus and Dornblaser field.